Thursday, November 6, 2008

A dose for Wednesday 11/05/08

Well I'm going to take a slight time-out to offer my congratulations to President-elect Obama and his ticket. He was elloquent, smooth, made his points clearly and could clearly captivate an audience to the point of being charismatic. John McCain certainly had his hands full. As a registered Republican even I crossed party lines on this one. I hope that country is in a much better place four years from now than it is at the moment.
The thing I don't like is (and this could be your daily dose) when people make uninformed choices. Chris Shays was the only remaining Republican congressman in New England. He is very moderate and even seemed to lean a little towards Obama. He was a senior member of the house and served on the Homeland Security commission and was very protective of Connecticuts many jobs in the defense industry. So when I see things like...
[Kristyn Castaldi, a 22-year-old social worker who just cast her first ballot, said she voted for the 42-year-old Himes because Shays, 63, seemed to have held the job for too long.
"I don't know much about the candidates, but I believe Jim Himes will support the middle class," she said outside McKinley School. "There's nothing wrong with Chris Shays, but he's been here for a long time."] ...it just makes me shake my head. Anyway good luck to all you Democrats, you have a great opportunity to make a historical impact on America for a long time, try not to blow it!

No comments: